COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES: The computer science teaching practice aims to provide students - informatics/computer science teachers with necessary knowledge and skills for effective planning, management, delivering and reflecting lessons at secondary school level, as well as prepare them for lifelong learning in the field of information-communication technologies (ICTs). Also, the course aims to provide opportunities for student to integrate theory and practice and work collaboratively with and learn from the school teachers.
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND SYLLABUS:
Computer science teaching practice takes place in selected schools, under supervision of a school teacher. At practice, students will
1. gain knowledge about the school organization and administration
2. gain knowledge legislation related to secondary education in the Republic of Croatia (the related laws and bylaws- regulations, the Statute of the school, etc.)
3. get an insight into pedagogical documentation
4. get an insight implemented curriculum of informatics/computer science for secondary school
5. learn about the organization of teaching computer science at the school
6. become familiar with computer classroom where the teaching takes place
7. attend the lessons of supervising a teacher and other school activities regarding computer science and school life
8. plan, prepare, and deliver several lessons with an assistance of the teacher and independently
9. deliver demonstration teaching hour in presence of a lecturer
10. keep a written log of practice
11. write a detailed lesson plan for each teaching hour delivered.
Students will attend computer science teaching practice divided into groups with a maximum of 5 members.