The main objective of the course is to introduce to students the application of mathematics, statistics and computational science in quantitative biology.
1. Population and quantitative genetics - Heritability and its applications,
2. Molecular evolution - Molecular phylogenetics methods and their applications,
3. Tumours, Communication of tumour and tumour microenvironment, Correlation studies, Model making,
4. Ecotoxicology - Anthropogenic compounds in aquatic ecosystems: quantitative assessment of negative impacts,
5. Computational biology - Next generation sequencing and metagenomics,
6. Biophysics - Models in biophysics of cell division,
7. Ecology - Vegetation science and spatial data,
8. Biodiversity - Classification systems, numerical taxonomy and phenetic approach,
9. Evolutionary genomics - Introduction to phylostratigraphy and its applications.