Operational system Linux: Basic principles, file system, basic commands, shell, standard I/O, standard error output, pipes, ownership and permissions, process management, working with textual files, editor vi.
Python: Motivation, history, interactive working environment, objects and name assignment, basic collections, functions, modules and packages, arrays and matrices, scientific computing in Python (numpy, scipy, matplotlib), basics of object oriented programming, examples of usage in geophysics.
Fortran90: Motivation, history, types of variables and their declarations, arithmetic and logical operations, program units, procedures, modules, the function arguments, input/output, introduction to parallel programming in Fortran, examples of usage in Geophysics.
Students will be able to:
- state basic features of the GNU/Linux operating system,
- use shell in everyday work,
- efficiently work with textual files,
- develop simple programs in Python and Fortran90,
- on its own use Internet and other sources o find informations and solutions related to programing and overall computer work.
Written and oral exam.