1. CHROMIUM(V) AND CHROMIUM(III) COMPLEXES
1.1.Preparation of potassium peroxochromate(V) and determination of potassium as potassium tetraphenylborate(III)
1.2.cis-potassium diaquabis(oxalato)chromate(III) dihydrate and determination of oxalate and chromium content in the complex
2. COMPLEXES OF IRON(I)
2.1. Preparation of nitrosylbis(diethyldithiocarbamate-S,S)
3. PrepCOBALT(III) COMPLEXES
3.1. Preparation of the cocrystals of tris(ethylenediammine)cobalt(III) chloride with sodium chloride,
3.2. Preparation of chlorobis(butane-2,3-dione-dioximato-N,N)pyridinecobalt(III)
3.3. Preparation of pentaamminnitartocobalt(III) nitrate
3.4. Preparation of aquapentaammincobalt(III) iodide
4. DOUBLE SALTS OF MANGANESE(II)
4.1. Preparation of ammonium manganese(II) sulfate hexahydrate
5. COPPER(II) COMPLEXES
5.1. Preparation of aqua(1,10-phenantroline-N,N)(serinato-N,O)copper(II) sulfate
5.2. Preparation of aqua(1,10-phenantroline-N,N)malonate-O,O)copper(II) hydrate
5.3. Preparation of tetrapyridinecopper(II) peroxydisulfate
6. NICKEL(II) COMPLEXES
6.1. Preparation of bis(triphenylphosphine)nickel(II) chloride
6.2. Preparation of tetraamminbis(nitrito)nickel(II)
7. Recording and characterization of the IR spectra of two samples
8. Investigation of the thermal stability of selected one of sinthesized compound by thermogravimetric methods (TG/DTG/DSC)
9. Determination of complex composition by Job method of continous variances and molar ratio method
10.Determination of iron and aluminium content in the mixture by derivative spectrophotometry
11.Determination of aluminium content in water samples and complex compound spectrofluororometry. Addition of standard method.
12. Determination of iron in pellets by method of quenching fluorescency of salicyl acid and complex compounds by using ICP-AES method
13. Separation of vanadium from aqueous solution by extraction procedure with HX dissolved in chloroform from hydrochloric solutions with or lacking ionic strength
14. Analysis of C-vitamine tablets by HPLC-method
15. Raman spectroscopy
Expected competences to be acquired:
Students will be able:
- to perform more complex methods for synthesis of particular inorganic compound
to plan the synthesis depending of the reaction conditions or desired compound property (apparatus selection and mind all safety precautions that ought to be done)
- to find the optimal conditions for performing the reaction and efficient isolation of the product, its purification and identification
- to handle with most of available instruments for characterizing of the compound regarding its physical and chemical properties and critically discuss obtained results
- to introduce new ideas clearly and concise
- to obtain high quality data of analysis
- use English language in communication, in literature scanning and writing the professional and scientific papers.
On the basis of achieved fundamental knowledge student will be able to suggest the mini-projects for teaching chemistry by discovering as backbone of their future work with pupils in the schools.
- Z. Popović, B.-M. Kukovec, Viši praktikum iz kemije, Upute za internu upotrebu, PMF, 2009., Zagreb
2. D. A. Skoog, D. M. West, F. J. Holler, Uvod u kromatografske metode, Osnove analitičke kemije, 1. izd., Školska knjiga, Zagreb 1999.
3. G. S. Girolami, T. B. Rauchfuss, R. J. Angelici, Synthesis and Techniques in Inorganic Chemistry, 3rd Ed., University Science Books Sausalito, 1999.
4. W. L. Jolly, The Synthesis and Characterization of Inorganic Compounds, Waveland Press, 1991.
5. D. L. Pavia, G. M. Lampman, G. S. Kriz, Introduction to Spectroscopy, 3rd Ed., Harcourt, Inc. Orlando, USA, 2001.
6. Infrared and Raman Spectroscopy, Methods and Applications, Ed. B. Schrader, VCH Publishers, New York, 1995.
7. E. de Hoffmann, V. Stroobant, Mass Spectrometry, 2nd Ed., John Wiley& Sons, Chichester, UK, 2002.