1. Students will learn to enumerate the causes of cardiac arrest in children and adults.
2. Students will be able to enumerate and describe the signs of life.
3. Students will be able to describe and apply the basic procedures of resuscitation in children and adults.
4. Students will be able to describe and apply procedures for the maintenance and release of foreign body airway obstruction in children and adults.
5. Students will be able to describe and recognize the signs of internal and external tissue injury and organ.
6. Students will be able to describe and implement procedures to stop bleeding.
7. Students will be able to describe and apply methods for immobilization and victims transport.
8. Students will be able to describe and apply automatic external defibrillator.
The subject covers the knowledge and skills of first aid and resuscitation in emergency cases including cardiac arrest, external and internal organ injury, bleeding, drowning, choking and skills for relief foreign body airway obstruction.
During course students will learn to recognize signs of life, how to approach the victim, to ensure the crash site and alarm emergency system. They will learn to apply the basic procedures of resuscitation in children and adults. The procedures include opening the airway, checking for signs of life, recovery position, chest compression, rescue breathing, when to stop resuscitation efforts and application of automated external defibrillators. Cardiac arrest in special circumstances will also be covered (pregnant women, drowning). Students will learn to apply the procedures for the release of airway obstruction in children and adults. Course includes familiarization with a first aid equipment, immobilization principles, care for external and internal injuries, procedures for stopping the bleeding and principles of victim transport
Recognizing signs of life, ensuring the safety of the accident, how to approach to victim, checking vital signs and assessment of the need for activation of emergency system. Basic life support procedures for adults and children, recovery position, resuscitation for special circumstances (pregnancy and drowning).
Methods of maintaining the airway, release of foreign body airway obstruction, Heimlich's maneuver, automatic defibrillation, identifying internal and external injuries organs, using bandages and equipment from the first-aid kit, principles of immobilization, procedures in case of injury of cervical spine, care for bleeding, victim transport.
- Jerry P. Nolana, Jasmeet Soarb, David A. Zidemanc, Dominique Biarentd, Leo L. Bossaerte, Charles Deakinf, Rudolph W. Kosterg, Jonathan Wyllieh, Bernd Böttigeri, on behalf of the ERC Guidelines Writing Group: European Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation 2010. Resuscitation 81 (2010).
- Guidelines 2010 for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. An International Consensus on Science. The American Heart Association in Collaboration With the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR).www.erc.edu.