- introduction of laboratory equipment and laboratory safety
- determination of mass and density of the sample
- mechanical separation of mixtures (decanting and filtering)
- determining the melting point and boiling point
- separating mixtures based on differences in solubility (measuring molar enthalpies of salt,
recrystallization, fractional crystallization)
- separating mixtures based on differences in vapor pressure (sublimation, distillation, vacuum distillation)
- preparation solution of a given composition (salts, acids, alkalis)
- chemical elements and compounds (determination of the molecular weight and chemical formula)
- gases (preparation, physical and chemical properties)
1_ Properly handle laboratory equipment.
2_ Apply safety rules at work.
3_ Acquire basic techniques of laboratory work.
4_ Use theoretical knowledge in the experimental work.
5_ Develop the power of observation and exact recording of experimental data.
6_ Scientifically correct interpretation of results of the measurements.
- 1. M. Sikirica, B. Korpar-Čolig, Praktikum iz opće kemije, II. izd., Školska knjiga, Zagreb 2003.
2. I. Filipović, S. Lipanović, Opća i anorganska kemija I i II dio, IX. izd., Školska knjiga, Zagreb 1995.
3. Interni nastavni materijali.
- 1. M. Sikirica, Stehiometrija, XX. izd., Školska knjiga, Zagreb, 2008.