|Public phone number:||+385 1 4606 347|
|Internal phone number:||6347|
|Department:||Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry|
Education at Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Diploma thesis (Chemistry, 1994); Master degree thesis (Chemistry, 1998); Doctoral thesis (Chemistry, 2005).
Affiliation and current position: Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Full professor (2018–).
Previous positions: Associate professor (2012–2018); Assistant Professor (2007–2012); Senior Assistant (2005–2007); Assistant (1997–2005), Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb.
Teaching: Undergraduate studies (General and inorganic chemistry), Graduate studies (Instrumental methods for the characterization of solids, Protein crystallography)
Visits to foreign research and education institutions: Institute of Molecular Agrobiology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1998
Research interest: Small molecule synthesis and structural charaterization; macromolecuar crystallization and crystallography (insulin), solid state chemistry
Scientific papers: co-author of 45 scientific papers in journals indexed in WoS
Memberships: Member of the Croatian Chemical Society, Croatian Crystallographic Association, Croatian Association of Crystallographers
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
1) B. Prugovečki, I. Pulić, M. Toth, D. Matković-Čalogović, High Resolution Structure of the Manganese Derivative of Insulin.Croatica chemica acta. 85 (2012) 4, 435–439.
2) V. Mohaček Grošev, B. Prugovečki, S. Prugovečki, N. Strukan. Glycolaldehyde dimer in the stable crystal phase has axial OH groups: Raman, infrared and X-ray data analysis. Journal of molecular structure. 1047 (2013) 209–215.
3) V. Vrdoljak, B. Prugovečki, D. Matković-Čalogović, T. Hrenar, R. Dreos, P. Siega. Three polymorphic forms of a monomeric Mo(VI) complex: building blocks for two metal−organic supramolecular isomers. Intermolecular interactions and ligand substituent effects. Crystal growth & design.13 (2013) 3773–3784.
4) M. Tašner, B. Prugovečki, Ž. Soldin, S. Prugovečki, L. Rukavina, D. MatkovićČalogović. Synthesis and characterization of oxomolybdenum(V) dinuclear complexes with β-alanine, L-serine and DL-isoleucine.Polyhedron. 52 (2013)268–275.
5) D. Vušak, B. Prugovečki, D. Milić, M. Marković, I. Petković, M. Kralj, D. Matković-Čalogović. Synthesis and crystal structure of solvated complexes of copper(II) with serine and phenanthroline and their solid-state-to-solid-state transformation into one stable solvate. Crystal Growth & Design 17 (2017) 6049–6061.
6)M. Mandarić, B. Prugovečki, D. Cvijanović, J. Parlov Vuković, J. Lovrić, M. Skočibušić, R. Odžak, M. Cindrić, V. Vrdoljak. Vapour- and solvent-mediated crystalline transformations in Mo(VI) hydrazone complexes controlled by noncovalent interactions. Crystengcomm, 21 (2019), 41; 6281–6292.
7) D. Vušak, N. Smrečki, B. Prugovečki, I. Đilović, I. Kirasić, D. Žilić, S. Muratović, D. Matković-Čalogović, Dubravka
Cobalt, nickel and copper complexes with glycinamide: structural insights and magnetic properties. RSC Advances, 9 (2019), 38; 21637–21645.
8) D. Vušak, N. Smrečki, S. Muratović, D. Žilić, B. Prugovečki, D. Matković-Čalogović, Structural diversity in the coordination compounds of cobalt, nickel and copper with N- alkylglycinates: crystallographic and ESR study in the solid state, RSC Advances, 11 (2021) 23779-23790.
9)D. Vušak, K. Ležaić, J. Jurec, D. Žilić, B. Prugovečki, Solvent effects on the crystallization and structure of ternary copper(II) coordination compounds with L-threonine and 1,10-phenanthroline, Heliyon, 8(6) (2022) E09556.
Researcher on projects:
2017 – 2021, Metallosupramolecular architectures and inorganic-organic polyoxometalate based hybrides, funded by the Croatan Science Foundation
2016 – 2020, Essential metal ions in Helicobacter pylori proteins and model complexes - structure and function/property; financed by the Croatian Science Foundation
2007 – 2014, Structural investigation of biological macromolecules by X-ray diffraction funded by the Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports (MZOS).
2002 – 2007, Structural investigation of biological macromolecules; bioinformatics (MZOS).
1998 X–ray Crystallography; Institute of Molecular Agrobiology, The National University of Singapore
1996 – 2002, Designing molecules on structural basis (MZOS).
1995 – 1996, Compounds of special interest. Synthesis and structure (MZOS).